BACK IN STOCK MARCH 2024
CANCELING AN ORDER INCURES A $30 RESTOCK FEE!!
*ALL ORDERS ARE PICK-UP/LOCAL DELIVERY ONLY - We Do Not Ship!*
Pick-up Location: 172 Hare Road, Milton, NH 03851
The Ameraucana, also known as the Easter Egger is a highly popular breed, known for their beautiful blue/green eggs and multicolored feathers.
The Ameraucana breed was originally developed in the 1970s, derived from Araucanas. Ameraucanas were bred to retain the blue-egg laying gene while eliminate some of the issues associated with the Araucana breed.
Mature Ameraucanas are medium-sized birds with pea combs, are extremely hardy, and come in a wonderful combination of colors and color patterns making a beautiful laying flock. Baby chicks come in all colors, just like the adults.
Our Ameraucanas are sold as a mixed flock only, and specific feather coloring is not available. Our birds have muffs, but not all will have beards. Hens will breed true for egg color. 1 in every 300ish lays a pink egg, despite best efforts.
Ameraucanas were admitted into the Standard of Perfection by the American Poultry Association in 1984.
*All Chicks are sold at 2+ weeks old*
- Egg Color/Size: Blue/Green (Occasional Pink), Large
- Temperament: Friendly, Docile, Great starter chicken, and good for kids!
- Weeks to Maturity: 22
- Mature Weight: Females 4.5 – Males 7lbs
- Hardiness: Cold Hardiness is Excellent and Heat Hardy
- Broodiness (Likely to try to hatch): Not Very Likely
- Comb Type: Pea Comb
- Leg Style: Clean and Yellow/Green/Black
- Type: Standard
- Class: All Other Standard